About Hickory Heights Pool (HHP)
Hickory Heights Pool is a private, member-owned pool located in South Fayette Township, Pa. overlooking the scenic Hickory Heights Golf Club. The facility welcomes family, friends, and neighbors to relax and make memories together.
The pool season runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends and is open seven days a week. In addition to a full size, heated pool with a water slide, and a baby pool, members enjoy exclusive social events throughout the summer and access to private pavilion rental.
2021 Season Hours
- 7 days a week from Friday, May 28 through Monday, September 6, 2021.
- Part time hours: May 28 - June 11 & August 23 - September 6, 4:00 - 8:30 p.m. week days, 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
- Full time hours: Everyday June 12 - August 22, plus holidays, 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Hours based on weather and visibility permitting, as described below.
- 30 minutes prior to opening each day, the lifeguard on first shift will check the current air temperature at the pool.If the temperature is equal to or above 65 degrees F, the pool will open.
- If the temperature is below 65 degrees F, the pool will not open.
- If the pool is not opened at normal time due to the temperature being less than 65 degrees F, at 3:00 pm the lifeguard on second shift will check the current air temperature and if it is equal to or above 65 degrees F, the pool will open.
- 30 minutes prior to opening each day, the lifeguard on first shift will check the current rain conditions.
- If it is not raining, the pool will open.
- If there is an expected steady rain forecast, the pool will not open.
- If the pool is not opened at the normal time due to rain, at 3:00 pm the lifeguard on second shift will check the current conditions and if it is not raining, the pool will open.
Notwithstanding the above conditions, the HHPA has the discretion to open or close the pool when weather conditions do not meet the stated conditions.
Inclement Weather Policy
Based on the recommendations of the National Lightning Safety Institute and the National Weather Service, the lightning policy is as follows:
- If thunder is heard or if lightning is observed, the pool is to be cleared immediately. The pool is to remain closed for 30 minutes following the last observed lightning or heard thunder.
- Patrons do not have to leave the pool area. If they stay, they should be encouraged to stay in the breezeway area of the main pool (preferred) or under the pavilion.